[cvsnt] RE: [cvsgui] AtomicCommits

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Sep 23 21:52:12 BST 2003

Alexandre Augusto Drummond Barroso wrote:

> I don't think it's a problem since the actual process already uses a temp
> file during commits. I think the only difference is about when delete the
> rcs file and remane temp file to the rcs file name. Am I right, Mr. Hoyle?

AtomicCommits just means that you'll either get all of the commit, or none
of it.  Commits in CVS already atomic at the file level - you can't get
corruption by having a power failure, for example, however you might get
something half committed.

It's not the most tested code in the world, but it seems to work a lot of
the time. 2.2.x will use a different method.