[cvsnt] CVSNTUpd

David Stebbings david.stebbings at ipt-ltd.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 14:28:31 BST 2003

An issue has just arisen with CVSNTUpd following 18 months of successful operation (Thanks John!)

We've restructured our modules and made our websites a subfolder in the module.  We then created a modules mapping for this subdirectory so people could still checkout a single modulename.

The issue is with CVSNTupd and the AT job it creates.  This uses the real path and not the module mapping when building the AT so the update fails.

i.e.

OLD:
mainmodule (www)
         |--->sql
         |--->documentation

NEW:
mainmodule
         |--->www
         |--->database
         |--->documentation

new mapping created in modules file:    www -> mainmodule\www

AT job thats created:

D:\wwwroot>at
Status ID   Day                     Time          Command Line
        2   Today                   1:47 PM       cmd /c "cd /D d:\wwwroot\mainmodule\www && cvs.exe -q -d :local:d:\cvsstore up date -dP >> CVSNTUpd.log"

Is there a version of CVSNTupd that handles this with the module mapping rather than the root module name?

loginfo has the module name specified in it.

An alternative for us is to use the subdirectory name and create a virtual directory in IIS for the folder, but this is a bit clunky so I'd like to avoid it if possible

David Stebbings
Network & Systems Administrator
Interactive Prospect Targeting Ltd
T - 020 7932 4104
F - 020 7834 5706
E - david.stebbings at ipt-ltd.co.uk

For further information on IPT's websites, products and services please visit http://www.ipt-ltd.co.uk

Interactive Prospect Targeting Limited, Reg. No. 03896907, 30 Buckingham Gate, London, SW1E 6NN.

This email is intended solely for the above mentioned recipient and it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and delete the email. You must not copy, distribute, disclose or take any action in reliance on it.

The contents of an attachment to this email may contain software viruses which could damage your own computer system. While every reasonable precaution has been taken to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the attachment.