[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt patches/improvements

Michal Kara lemming at is.cz
Tue Sep 30 06:52:38 BST 2003

> I don't see how this can happen - if the person is working solely on the
> repository then maybe the modification time might change, but since nobody
> else will have committed a version into the repository it won't be an issue
> (and the server will see there's no difference and not create a new
> version).  If your scene editor is really making changes to the files then
> they probably shouldn't be in CVS since they'll be regenerated locally
> anyway.

   The person is working solely on the some files of the repository.
Imagine it like this: There are two files. One stores bitmaps, the other
sounds. Graphic artist works on (changes) bitmaps. Sound engineer works
on sounds.

   It may sometimes happen, that, for example, sound engineer changes
some of the bitmaps. Either accidentally, or because he needs to do some
experiment. Now he may forget about it and accidentally commit changed
bitmaps. My changes (-e and -E flags) prevent it - they may be used to
only commit locked files and to keep files locked on and on.

   Anyway, I have posted two agreed-on changes to bugzilla (no-backup
and   edit-flag). They are against 2.1.1, because newest CVS version
does not compile on my box :-( There are several minor include problems,
but then there's need for db_cxx.h, which I do not have.

							Michal