[cvsnt] Re: WinCvs hangs when started up

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Mon Apr 5 20:55:38 BST 2004

>     I've tried using wincvs v1.2 and 1.3, but both of them hang when I
start them up.
> What could the problem be? Please help me. Thanks.

Are you using Cygwin? There is a known issue with the TCL DLLs that come
with a recent (the latest?) release of it. Several other applications that
use TCL for scripting are affected as well (e.g. Gaim IIRC). The workaround
is to somehow hide the Cygwin TCL DLLs from WinCvs, e.g. by rearranging your
PATH environment variable (so that another tcl84.dll is found first) or by
renaming or removing the tcl84.dll from Cygwin.

Hope this helps.

--
Oliver
JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org