[cvsnt] How to setup Watchers in CVSNT

Yao, Guangyao (Facilities & Services) GYao at oandm.uiuc.edu
Sat Apr 3 00:31:12 BST 2004

Hi,

I am trying to set up watchers so that I can received mail notifications if
other developers have commited changes. My configurations are:
CVSNT2.0.34
cvs server on Windows2K
cvs client on WindowsXP

Followed the CVS manual (cvshome.org), I uncommented the line in
CVSROOT\notify in the server:
ALL mail %s -s "CVS notification"

I also created a file name "users" under directory CVSROOT containing
username:emailaddress pair.

But I could not get any notifications. I am wondering whether it is due to
the platform. The original CVS is assumed to be run on *NIX and there is a
internal utility "Mail". In Windows there is not.

Does anyone here have the experience in setting up the email notifications?
Could you give me some help?

Thanks a lot!

York