[cvsnt] invalid repository path - cvs server: pre-tag check failed ::: pserver problem?

Markus.Gebhardt at etas.de Markus.Gebhardt at etas.de
Thu Apr 1 11:40:24 BST 2004

Hi,

I played around with the tagging problem I posted some days ago (invalid
repository path - cvs server: pre-tag check failed message on a repository
running on a Linux box, cvsnt 2.0.34; checkin in/check in out and all the
other commands work.

I was able tagging the files by exectuing the "tag" command locally on the
server, thus using the :local: protocol instead of the pserver.
Since the server uses a root prefix (pserver with "-D /var/lib/cvs", I
also restarted the inetd without the prefix using the complete path to the
repository on tagging, and it worked.
But definetely tagging worked before even with the prefix; something seems
to have broken the repository.

Has anyone an idea where to look at?  Where does the tag command takes its
info from, other that commit / check out using pserver?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with regards

Markus