[cvsnt] Re: How to get exsiting CVSNT repo up to date??

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Apr 13 06:05:36 BST 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 00:38:14 +0100, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> This is the single line I put in postcommit:
>>
>> agiusa D:\Websites\mycompany\updatewebsite.bat
>
>Probably forward slashes would be better... backslashes tend to be treated
>as escapes (not 100% sure whether they are in the postcommit).

Don't think so unless you have changed the way postcommit works
compared to loginfo. This line has worked in loginfo for ages with
backslashes and all:
ALL C:\Programs\CVSMailer\CVSMailer.exe -l$CVSPID $USER $CVSROOT
%{sVv}

>> It refers to a batch file that has two lines in it:
>>
>> cd d:\Websites\mycompany\www
>> cvs -d :sspi:cvsupdater:cvsupd at cvsserver:/PC update
>>
>> Note that it seems like the command in the batch file is executed in
>> the wrong folder (the cvsnt temp folder), why is that so when I
>> explicitly added a cd as above?
>
>If you're not on d: already then the cd won't do anything - try putting a 'd:'
>in a line above it.

OK, I'll try that. But the repository resides on D: already...

>> I thought that postcommit would be executed *after* the commit had
>> been fully done and would not return any error codes to cvs to stop
>> the commit. But I get the error code 1 as shown above.
>
>The commit still happens (too late to stop it) but CVS tells you about the
>error so you can fix it.

Did not commit. I had to remove the postcommit command and then repeat
the commit to get the stuff in.

Just for accuracy I ran cvs ver:

cvs ver
***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.12 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.26 (client/server)

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)