[cvsnt] sspi on unix problem

nick at theendofmytether.org nick at theendofmytether.org
Wed Apr 14 11:28:05 BST 2004

Hi,

Have a simple problem.  I have a couple of cvsnt servers.  One of the
servers is fairly vanilla, however the other server requires encryption
(this is unfortunately unable to be changed).  SSPI is the only protocol
we allow

After compiling cvsnt (latest version) on unix I am able to connect with
sspi to the server without encrytion, but unable to connect to the more
secure one.  I get the error :

bash-2.03$ ./cvs -t ls
  -> Tracelevel set to 1.  PID is 2217
  -> Session ID is 8a9407d0e066e28
  -> main loop with CVSROOT=:sspi:cvsserver:/sys
  -> Config file name /home/duck/.cvs/cvspass

"cvs [ls aborted]: This protocol does not support encryption"

I compiled with --enable-encryption and --with-krb4=/opt

Will this ever work?  i.e. is the encryption only possible if you auth
via kerberos.

Thanks for any help

Nick