[cvsnt] Modules in cvsnt

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Wed Apr 14 14:08:58 BST 2004

Some time ago there was a discussion concerning the use of the modules file with cvsnt.
Apparently Tony had some ideas to improve the system over what is available in plain vanilla CVS.

What happened to this? Were there any new functions added and if so what?

I have a need to use certain common files in several different projects and the definition of a module for this seems to be a good way, but in our case we want to define the module in file level instead of in folder level.
This means that we want to be able to define that some but not all files from a certain common folder should be part of the virtual module.
Like so:

on the server:
/Common/Utils (here are some 30 commonly used files)

on the checked out module I want this:

Module/Common (here I only want 4-5 of the 30 files from the server)
      /Source (Here go the sources for the project)
      /Bin    (This is the output folder for the exe and dll files)

How can this be accomplished?

If I tag on the Module level I expect the files that were checked out to Common to be tagged too, but only the 4-5 files actually there.

Best regards,

Bo Berglund