[cvsnt] Case Sensitivity when Migrating from UNIX to Windows

Jake Hughes jhughes at accentopto.com
Wed Apr 14 17:10:20 BST 2004

I recently migrated my Engineers from a Linux CVS server to a Windows 2003
CVSNT server.  Everthing works great, BUT....

In our source code, we have a number of files which, having been created on
a Linux box, have the same name, with diff. case (eg.  FOO.cpp and foo.cpp).
Obviously, when I made the tarball and moved from Linux to Windows, the
files were recognized as duplicates.

The only solution that I'm aware of, is having my Engineers rename the
duplicates (not going to make me very popular).

Does anyone know of any other solutions/options?  I am not aware of any way
to add case sensitivity to Windows 2003, but I wanted to put the question to
the group hoping somone else has come across this.

Thanks for any suggestions...

Jake