[cvsnt] Latest updates

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Apr 18 17:53:45 BST 2004

cvsnt 2.0.40

* Lots of minor bug fixes from .38/.39.  If .40 seems OK to people I'll make
it the stable version (around midweek) as it's had more time to mature than
.38 got.
* Installs a .chm file with the latest documentation.  This
is transcribed from the latest version on the wiki, minus the page
on postcommit, and some lockserver and modules2 documentation (to be
added when I get chance and/or someone else does it).
* modules2 is now capable of renaming files - this means the entire rename
structure is in the code and ready to automate (this is harder than it sounds).
   eg.

     [mymodule]
     / = realmodule
     *foo.txt =
     *bar.txt = realmodule/foo.txt
     *baz.txt = othermodule/file.txt

     This is a basic module definition, with foo.txt deleted/renamed to
bar.txt, and baz.txt coming from another directory altogether.  The '*' at
the front states that this is a file mapping rather than a directory.

modules2 is still considered experimental, but people are encouraged to use it
as I need to find any problems with it (esp. conflicts with frontends as the
RCS filenames no longer equal the client filenames...  in some cases this can
be worked around (eg. log and status give a virtual name not a real one)).