[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt on AIX - the saga continues

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Apr 18 18:34:32 BST 2004

Hans Horn wrote:

> maybe it should be using the GNU linker????

Shouldn't make a lot of difference, but maybe worth a try (libtool is supposed
to factor in the differences between linkers already).

It's saying it supports shared libraries, saying it's building shared
libraries, but is still producing static libraries.  It's a bit beyond me
now...  sounds like a pretty major bug in libtool actually (since it's doing
exactly the opposite of what it's being told to do).

A look on google says that using LDFLAGS="-Wl,-brtl" sometimes works (use
'make LDFLAGS=...' rather than setting the environment).  That's for AIX 4.2
apparently and is the default setting on AIX 5.

If that doesn't work I'll have to add AIX to a 'definately does not work' list.