[cvsnt] Re: authorization failed with correct password

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Apr 19 12:05:16 BST 2004

Wolfgang Fiedler wrote:

> Apr 19 10:21:21 www pam_winbind[11070]: user 'wfiedler' granted acces
> Apr 19 10:21:21 www cvs[11070]: login failure (for /data/cvs-repository)

To login with PAM you need both auth and account access.  Really there isn't
enough there to see whether winbind is granting both - can you ramp the
logging up?

If it worked before the reboot I doubt it's CVS causing the problem.  The PAM
system is pretty generic and knows nothing about winbind or anything - CVS
just gets a yes/no response from the authentication system and grants (or not)
based on that.