[cvsnt] Absolute module names not allowed

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Apr 21 06:19:09 BST 2004

Hi all,

I previously ported CVSWEB to CVSNT back in CVSNT 10.8 days.

I'm now testing CVSNT 2.0.36 with CVSWEBNT and I'm having a problem...

When you click "download" CVSWEB uses the "co" command to get a copy of
the requested file.
cvs -dd:/pserver/cvs co -p -r1.6
"/uniface/sources/components/CEPLOGIN.XML"

Unfortunately this works OK with 10.8 but 2.0.36 gives this error:
cvs [checkout aborted]: Absolute module names not allowed

Does anyone know why this is?  Can the functionality be re-enabled?  Is
there an alternative way?

Thanks,

Arthur Barrett