[cvsnt] Re: Linux & sserver?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Apr 21 19:47:32 BST 2004

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:29:25 -0000, "Mailings" <mailings at mystuff.ch>
wrote:

>How do I now use the sserver functionality? I have noticed that when I use
>cvs -H sserver to check for the protocol it can't find it. Am I missing
>something?

sserver isn't a command...

Try cvs info, which lists the installed protocols.  It sounds like you
have it though.

You should have a certificate file and a key file.  The certificate
file starts ---BEGIN CERTIFICATE--- and ends with --END CERTIFICATE--
and the key file starts with ---BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY--- and ends with
---END RSA PRIVATE KEY---.  These need to be pointed to with the
CertificateFile and PrivateKeyFile directives (as mentioned in the
wiki article).

Then you just login just like pserver, but use sserver instead.

cvs -d :sserver:me at mymachine:/usr/local/cvs login