[cvsnt] Re: loginfo: Who needs which permissions under Win2003?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Apr 22 19:53:28 BST 2004

If your CVSNT program directory is on the system path *before*
%systemroot% then you can simply copy the system32/cmd.exe to the
cvsnt folder. It might even work without the path order being that.

The trick is to get a cmd.exe that is not in the *very locked down*
state that Win2003 puts its command interpreter into. It does not
allow nealy anything really...

Bo

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:28:49 +0200, Johannes Kilian <jok at vitronic.de>
wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I've got problems with permissions using the loginfo trigger.
>
>We're running Win2003 Server with CVSNT 2.0.40. CVSNT is running under
>special user (CVS_USER). The protocol we use is SSPI.
>
>The loginfo contains the following line:
>DEFAULT perl -S cvs_loginfo_html.pl "%{sVv}" "$USER"
>
>I'm sure the trigger-script (cvs_loginfo_html.pl) works correctly, since
>we had it working previously on our WinXP Professional system.
>
>Commiting a file, gives the following message:
>---------------------------
>
>Checking in Pic_Rec/Include/PicRec.h;
>/EtcSourcecode/ETC-Kontrollstelle/EtcDtuEvaluation/DTURecorder/Pic_Rec/Include/PicRec.h,v  <--  PicRec.h
>new revision: 1.7; previous revision: 1.6
>done
>cvs server: Script execution failed: Permission denied
>cvs server: cannot write entry to log filter: perl -S cvs_loginfo_html.pl ""ETC-Kontrollstelle/EtcDtuEvaluation/DTURecorder/Pic_Rec/IncludePicRec.h,1.6,1.7"" "jgu"
>----------------------------
>
>I tried to get it working using the following steps:
>* Perl.exe: read/execute permission for normal users
>* cvs_loginfo_html.pl: read/execute permission for normal users
>* and several other desperate tries with permissions ...
>but this doesn't help.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>I try to understand the message from cvs server, to locate the error:
>* Who causes the messages? cvs server? or shows cvs server just the messages he gets from the callen script or from the OS?
>* Which script failed to execute? cvs_loginfo_html.pl? or the loginfo trigger?
>* What does "entry" and "log filter" mean in this context? Does it mean, the cvs server is not able to pass the entry ("ETC-Kontrollstelle/EtcDtuEvaluation/DTURecorder/Pic_Rec/IncludePicRec.h,1.6,1.7") to the log filter (perl -S cvs_loginfo_html.pl)? Can't understand the message :-(
>
>Any help welcome
>
>Johannes

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)