[cvsnt] Latest updates

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Apr 23 20:59:37 BST 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> 2.0.x stable should be more stable than it is... the wildcard was
> 2.0.38, which I couldn't delay so didn't get the level of testing I
> would have liked (normally its bugs would have been caught before it
> went officially stable and it would't have been an issue).  It still got
> 3 days solid testing though. It's supposed to be the 'safe' snapshot of
> the 2.0 development, and normally it is.

That makes sense.  It might have been better from a stability standpoint
to backport the security fix to the previous stable release, but
"hindsight is 20/20".

> The update schedule really isn't that fast.  If you ignore 2.0.38 ->
> 2.0.41 (which is needed as .38 isn't up to standard).  There was over a
> month between 2.0.26 and 2.0.34, and 2 months between 2.0.14 and 2.0.24.

That's not bad.  It's easy to forget when the stable version is updated
since I normally don't pay much attention to the current stable version
number.  :)

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett