[cvsnt] Re: Authentication Methods

Jason Glover jason at nospam.forme.thanks
Sun Apr 25 02:51:52 BST 2004

Bruce,

Case of the blind leading the blind here (i.e. I am a semi newb myself), but
I figure that the only reason you'd want to use another auth protocol other
than SSPI would be for compatibility with machines outside your LAN.

As an example, I am trying to share my CVS repository with a partner working
remotely.  So he'll be using the sserver protocol because he'll be
connecting over the internet (and not via a VPN which would effectively put
him on my domain).

I guess all the others are there for compatability reasons too.

Jason

news:02jd80h3nnm0dkrht7be14tjbul5b2hdnl at 4ax.com...