[cvsnt] Re: tag control

Friedrich Niederreiter friedrichniederreiter at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 12:12:55 BST 2004

Hi,
> As long as you tag your working copies (i.e. cvs
tag) instead of the
> repository (i.e. cvs rtag) and you use unique tag
names there should be
> no problem. Tag operations are not atomic however
AFAIK.

The hint to use tag instead of rtag was the key to my
understanding. In our environment the tag must also
contain the engineers initials so there will be no tag
collision.

However, when using the tag operation we need some
kind of method to determine which HEAD revision does
*not* have a specific tag (to ensure that somebody
does not only commit and then 'forget' to make a tag).
Not quite sure how to get that info thru the Tortoise
interface.

> Oliver

Thanks alot.

Friedrich