[cvsnt] WSAD synchronize function

ajr wjh59xhu8f at ajr.e4ward.com
Mon Apr 26 21:51:22 BST 2004

I posted the article below on the WSAD group. We are having some problems
with CVSNT with WSAD. The problem is phrased in terms of WSAD
functions eg "synchronize" and "update from repository" (I'm not sure
exactly what wsad CVS plugin is doing under the covers in terms of CVS
commands). Anyone have an idea what could be wrong here?
__

Subject:      [CVS] error synchronizing

Are there any known problems with synchronizing? I use CVS all day every
day with absolutely no problem but I have gotten reports from other users
(on different servers/repositories) of errors trying to synchronize. Here
are the cases I'm aware of (details sketchy):

After deleting a folder in the workspace, syncrhonize fails. The folder
had to be imported from backup to make the synchronize work.

Another user had a synchronize error that went away by itself after
upgrading from CVSNT 3.0.4 to 3.0.8 (which is what I use).

The first user (on 3.0.34 I think) sees synchronize fail whenever there
are any changes from other developers. He can to an "update from
repository" and after that the synchronize works (but of course there are
no incoming changes anymore to be synchronized). That user is planning to
try CVSNT 3.0.41 to see if it helps.

I'm not sure if these users are on 5.01 or 5.1.0 like me. I have also seen
at least one case with wsad completely refusing to bring up the
synchronize window because of an error on a certain file but I dont
remember the specifics or the resolution. I have a hunch it has something
to do with folders eg when the folder structure doesnt match between repo
and workspace.

So are there any known problems with CVS synchronize in 5.01 or 5.1.0
using CVSNT?