[cvsnt] Re: WSAD 5.0.1 and CVSNT 2.0.35

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Apr 27 03:17:33 BST 2004

ajr wrote:

> Dropping support for WSAD would be a shame as it really fills a niche. I
> proselytized CVSNT because we were being strong-armed into using Clearcase
> or PVCS, but in view of your comments I guess am going to have to concede
> defeat as well (and won't look too good doing it:(

This is not something it's in my power to solve.  WSAD doesn't only not
support CVSNT - it actively blocks it.  I'm not going to get involved in a
pissing match over server compatibility.  They want everyone to have a Unix
server.. fine.  That's up to them.  I'm tired of trying to work around
their implementation.  I've been fighting with this crap for two years now
and I'm a hairsbreath away from blacklisting all mention of WSAD from the
mailing list.