[cvsnt] Re: CVSwebNT 1.93.2.3 now available

Johannes Kilian jok at vitronic.de
Tue Apr 27 08:21:50 BST 2004

Glen Starrett wrote:

> What is different between this and the ViewCVS distribution that Bo
> has built an installer for?  I've never seen CVSWeb before as far as I
> recall.

They are doing almost the same.
Browsing through CVSRepositories using a Web-Interface

The main differences are:
* CVSWeb is written in Perl, ViewCVS in Python
* CVSWeb does not support features like display Revisionsgraphs using
cvsgraph or syntax highlighting using enscript, which ViewCVS does
* CVSWeb is faster than ViewCVS

In older days, when there not have been such comfortable installers like
Bo's ViewCVS-Installer, it was more nifty to set up ViewCVS than to set
up CVSNT. Since this problem is solved, that's not an argument any more
... Perhaps it depends which scripting language you prefer.

Johannes