[cvsnt] Re: path concat error prevents eclipse from integrating

Wolfgang Winzer wwinzer at ka-dus.de
Tue Apr 27 15:54:30 BST 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Wolfgang Winzer wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody!
>>
>> I tried setting up cvsnt 2.0.38 on a winnt4 sp6 box, but I encounter
>> strange
>> behaviour concerning paths (with and without prefixing), which prevents
>> eclipse from accessing the repository correctly.
>

> I wouldn't trust 2.0.38 for this kind of test as it had problems of its
> own (although nothing about the paths that I'm aware of).
>
> Can you try with a later/earlier version?
>
> Tony

Okay, I did. For no special reason I chose 2.0.19 and got it mostly
working with eclipse 3.0M6 (tried no other combination). cvsnt 2.0.19
doesn't yet feature the unix pretension mode but the basics
(update/commit) seem to work. What still nags me, eclipse still prevents
you from some actions (e.g. share project), popping up a box saying
there were problems with prefixing paths.
I have not yet tried to make it work without prefixing and will not
until monday. Further testing and advancing some versions upwards and
retesting will also have to wait.
But I'll let you know...

BTW.. the "../test/test does not exist"-bug does not show up, neither
with eclipse, nor with the "cvs ls" command.

Thx to Tony and Karl-Heinz
Regards, Wolfgang