[cvsnt] Re: Mergepoint selection problem

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Apr 30 16:45:17 BST 2004

Harrison, Andrew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought this last update/merge should merge in diffs between 1.1.2.1 and
> 1.1.2.2, but instead it tries to merge in diffs between 1.1 and 1.1.2.2. It
> seems to have missed the mergepoint in 1.1.2.1.

In the case of ambiguity it defaults to ignoring the mergepoint, rather than
risking merging from the wrong place.  Especially in the case of merging from
new branches it'll prefer to just use the branchpoint.  It looks like in this
case it's a little too paranoid.

> I've had a look at the source to see if I can work out what's going on, but
> unfortunately I'm unable to build the source code (I only have MSVC6) and so
> can only raise the problem rather than help with a solution. (Is MSVC.NET
> the *only* way to build cvs-nt?)

It's possible but quite hard... apart from creating the projects (which can be
done automatically) you need a VC6 compatible platform SDK (the newest ones
AFAIK don't support it any more, so maybe one from a year or so ago).  There
will be parts of the code that won't compile also so you'll have to patch or
comment out those.

If you can find a friendly teacher to buy it the academic VS.NET is less than $20.

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917