[cvsnt] Perl Scripts

Czarnowski, Aric aczarnowski at unimax.com
Thu Aug 5 23:09:25 BST 2004

It depends completely on how those scripts were written initially.  If there are a low number of system calls and Perl modules were used that are available for Win32 environments (ActivePerl most likely) you should be OK.  If you offloaded a lot of work to bash or C shell calls (not sure why you would) and did a lot of internal path jumping you will have a harder time.

Trying them on a test repository under CVSNT to see what breaks is about your only option.  Too many problem variables and coding styles to give a general answer.  I would expect something to require fixing up which is just part of porting anything the first time.

Under CVSNT you will almost certainly have to start your loginfo, taginfo and other calling CVS admin lines with the "perl" interpreter call, e.g. ALL perl myloginf.pl.  Windows doesn't handle the #! syntax and other kludges to make perl.exe associate with .pl files haven't work well for me in the past.

--Aric

Aric Czarnowski
Unimax Systems Corporation
612-204-3634