[cvsnt] Re: strange problem involving authentication, no such repository etc.

Subhadip Sarkar subhadip at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 08:41:47 BST 2004

the repository that I created was g:/cvs/cvsrepo/test and not temp as
i mistakenly mentioned earlier.

Another thing I found out is telnet server 2401 doesn't work.

Connecting To 192.200.9.43...Could not open connection to the host, on port 2401
: Connect failed

and output of netstat is

Active Connections

  Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State
  TCP    cygnus:epmap           cygnus:0               LISTENING
  TCP    cygnus:microsoft-ds    cygnus:0               LISTENING
  TCP    cygnus:1025            cygnus:0               LISTENING
  TCP    cygnus:1038            cygnus:0               LISTENING
  TCP    cygnus:1078            cygnus:0               LISTENING
  TCP    cygnus:2401            cygnus:0               LISTENING
  TCP    cygnus:3389            cygnus:0               LISTENING
  TCP    cygnus:5000            cygnus:0               LISTENING
  TCP    cygnus:1037            cygnus:0               LISTENING
    TCP    cygnus:2402            cygnus:0               LISTENING
   UDP    cygnus:microsoft-ds    *:*
  UDP    cygnus:isakmp          *:*
  UDP    cygnus:1026            *:*
  UDP    cygnus:1039            *:*
  UDP    cygnus:1080            *:*
  UDP    cygnus:ntp             *:*
  UDP    cygnus:1900            *:*
  UDP    cygnus:ntp             *:*
  UDP    cygnus:netbios-ns      *:*
  UDP    cygnus:netbios-dgm     *:*
  UDP    cygnus:1900            *:*
  UDP    cygnus:16120           *:*
  UDP    cygnus:53891           *:*

While I am at it, does sspi work based on ips?
like from wincvs :sspi:user at ip(dns name mayb or 128.3.3.3 eg):/test ?
neway now im not even sure if its a prob with the protocol, looks like
there is something very basic going wrong. Id appreciate any
suggestions.

tnx