[cvsnt] Re: Limiting access to CVSROOT and some CVS commands. ..

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Aug 6 17:27:51 BST 2004

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 10:18:15 -0600, "Lehman, Curtis"
<CLehman at carrieraccess.com> wrote:

> I've been talking to my IT person and doing some more tests. It looks like
>CVSNT server is only checking the local SAM and not the one on the domain.
>The machine is a stand alone server, but it's part of a domain. All of our
>user accounts are on domain and not local account. When we added a local
>user an that server, then the chown command works for only the user that was
>created on the local server. We want to pull the info off of the domain. How
>do we do this? Also, still not clear what the role of the owner field is?
>Why do I need to set that if chacl can add users?

The trace clearly shows the machine is configured as standalone.
Check the CVSNT control panel - has someone set the 'use local users'
setting in the 'advanced' tab?

The owner of a directory has effectively admin rights on that
directory (as they created it).  If you don't set owner then only
repository admins have admin rights.