[cvsnt] Re: Error on tag

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Aug 7 21:37:20 BST 2004

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:15:41 +0100, "Harrison, Andrew"
<andy.harrison at anite.com> wrote:

>As an aside, I've noticed that the cvstemp folder is *very* full. Shouldn't
>the temp files be deleted once they've been finished with? There seems to be
>files dating back to April which is when I installed 2.0.41.
>
>Andy

The discussion below applies if the temp folder fills up with
subfolders, but these subfolders are empty:

In actual fact it can be caused by using the CVSMailer program...
What happened is that CVSMailer gets called by CVSNT and it starts up
in the folder that CVSNT is currently using (the temp folder). When
CVSNT is done it tries to erase the folder but because CVSMailer has
spawned a second instance of itself to send the mail out after a delay
the folder is still the current folder for CVSMailer and so the erase
fails.
I fixed this sometime early this year, but I don't now remember when.
After it was fixed the temp folders did not linger on anymore.
If you are using my program then try the latest version from the
website.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)