[cvsnt] Re: How do you debug a system crash?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Aug 11 16:30:25 BST 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:09:10 -0600, "Lehman, Curtis"
<CLehman at carrieraccess.com> wrote:

>All,
>
>When we upgraded from CVSNT 2.0.41 to 2.0.51 we also moved to a new server.
>The server is a dual zeon processor with a gig of ram and  80 gigs of raid 0
>hard drives. The server has crashed now two days in a row. CVSNT is the only
>program running on it. The box is so badly crashed, I have to force a power
>cycle to reset it. I can't get a terminal window or use cntrl+alt+delete to
>reset. The windows event log shows nothing.

There's nothing that CVSNT could do to cause that as it runs in
userspace - it sounds like a hardware fault.  As this is a new server
I recommend running memtest86 on it for 24 hours at least and possibly
even the windows stress test utility if you can find it (I think it's
part of MSDN somewhere).