[cvsnt] what the...

Kevin J. Warnke kwarnke at videoc.com
Wed Aug 11 23:08:39 BST 2004

All-

I have been using CVSNT for a while now locally and everything works fine.
I even set up PSERVER goodies so that I could have others hit my CVS
repository remotely (and it was working).  However, I went to use it today
and I'm getting strange messages.

If I try to log in with PSERVER locally I get the following:

F:\>cvs -d :pserver:kevin at 127.0.0.1:f:\cvs\repository login

Logging in to :pserver:kevin at 127.0.0.1:2401:f:\cvs\repository

CVS password: ***

cvs [login aborted]: Error reading from server 127.0.0.1: -1: Unknown error

If I try remotely, I get this:

F:\>cvs -d :pserver:kevin at my.ip.goes.here:f:\cvs\repository login

Logging in to :pserver:kevin at my.ip.goes.here:2401:f:\cvs\repository

CVS password: ***

cvs [login aborted]: recv() from server my.ip.goes.here: Connection reset by
peer

I have since uninstalled and reinstalled a fresh copy of CVSNT to no avail.
I have set up the permissions on all folders so that anyone and everyone has
FULL control (to rule out that).  There are no firewalls in the scenario,
the repository DOES exist, I can telnet to my IP on port 2401 locally or
remotely and it connects fine, and the cvs and lock services are both
running.

Can ANYONE lend a hand?

Thanks,

Kevin