[cvsnt] Re: corrupted binary files after migration from Unix

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Aug 12 17:02:58 BST 2004

Dragan Andric wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to setup cvsnt pserver on a Windows 2003 box and migrate our
> existing cvs repository from a Solaris box.

Did you accidentally use WinZIP with it's "automatic crlf conversion"
enabled?  (it's on by default).  That will trash your ,v files.

http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/MoveFromLinux for more information.

> The problem is that binary files checked out from a new repository are
> corrupted, even though they were correctly added (with -kb) in the original
> Unix repository.
> I've tried copying module directories from Unix to the new Windows cvsnt
> repository with and without original CVSROOT directory.
> I've tried modifying cvswrappers file in the new repository adding a few
> lines like: *.gif -k 'b' , but when I try to check in the modified
> cvswrapper file, I get the following error:
>
>     Checking in cvswrappers;
>     /web/CVSROOT/cvswrappers,v  <--  cvswrappers
>     new revision: 1.3; previous revision: 1.2
>     done
>     cvs server: Rebuilding administrative file database
>     cvs server: Unknown expansion option 'P'.

That error message has been mentioned on the list, but I don't know if
it is significant to your problem.

--
Glen Starrett