[cvsnt] Re: UTF-8 vs. UTF-16

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Aug 12 17:16:37 BST 2004

Peter.Prokesch at wetzer.endress.com wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> we check in Unicode files (2 Bytes). As soon as we check out the files again, the
> contents are only 1 byte which means that necessary information is lost. What can we
> do?
>
> We use a 2 year old version of the server which works perfectly fine so that we do
> not want to upgrade if it is possible (Version 1.11.1.3 Build 57d)

There has been some significant work done with UTF formats in the
2.0.30-something range if memory serves.  I suggest you load up the
latest stable version to a test server and see if the new version works
as you would expect with Unicode.

Another option would be to store your Unicode files as binary instead.
They won't merge, but they would store properly AFAIK.

--
Glen Starrett