[cvsnt] Re: Need Items taken off the bulletin board.

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Aug 13 01:16:58 BST 2004

Glen Starrett wrote:

> LOL  Is that what this was about??  It's too bad people don't seem to
> think before they add those type of signatures as default...

 From the message that was sent to me, the only reason given was that
legal mumbo jumbo.

 From my reading of it even *I* wasn't allowed to read it (I'm not an
'associate' or any of the other categories).  Complete bullsh*t of
course... not valid under any legal system I've ever heard of.

I suspect this guy's in trouble for posting publicly and is trying to
patch things up with his boss (which also isn't good enough reason for
deleting an email).

> As an aside, you might want to mention to people that they shouldn't
> expect a reply if they don't subscribe to the list.  I just reply to the
> NG, I thought that would always get back to the poster.  (or I could
> change my habits).

I think that's just generally true... if you don't subscribe then it's
up to you to monitor the list or your favourite mirror.  I only reply to
the newsgroup unless I'm CC'd in an email then I'll use 'reply all' to
the email.