[cvsnt] cvs client syntax with sserver

Ann Lynnworth ann at href.com
Fri Aug 13 05:08:21 BST 2004

What is the syntax for using cvs.exe as a client (from a dos command window
on winnt sp6) with sserver protocol?

I have tried this:

set CVSROOT=:sserver:user at domain.com:2401/path/cvsrepo
cvs update

and I get "this server requires an encrypted connection" -- which is
correct -- I want to use an encrypted connection. Why isn't the client
using one if the protocol is sserver? Are there some required .pem files
and if so how do I figure out which ones?

I can use the repository from another machine running Tortoise CVS (using
same user account), so I believe the server is configured properly.

Note: the client machine is one that I have had trouble with before. cvsnt
will not install onto it (install dies), so I copy the files from another
machine.  Tortoise CVS installs but cannot operate (don't know why).  I had
this working with pserver but no longer want to use that for security reasons.

Thanks very much.

Ann