[cvsnt] Password file in addition to NT Authentication?

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Sat Aug 14 22:09:35 BST 2004

I'm using pserver only because that seems to be simplest and I'm trying to
grant someone else (Marty) access to my repository.

Andreas said to "see the docs". Does that mean
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/SetAcl? After studying this document I see I need
cacls or xcacls. I'm running XP 2003 and Glen only gave the address for the
NT and XP. After using google I see there is a resource kit for me at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-
96ee-b18c4790cffd
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7
-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en> &displaylang=en but it does not appear to
have cacl or xcacl on it!

So now what do I do to grant Marty access? Maybe the cacl from XP will work
on XP 2003. Has anyone tried it on XP2003?

Andreas said to make sure Marty is in the passwd file. Which documentation
describes the passwd file? Why does Andreas say to update this? I'm using
pserver and Marty can check out a new sand box, make changes, and commit
with out an error and I can update and commit since I manually added him to
have full control over the files in the repository. (I get an error  when I
commit after Marty's commit - however. I assume this will be remedied when I
get the resource kit and run setacls.)

So this leads me to believe I don't have a password file since I never
created one. Why would I have a password file if I'm using NT Authentication
and Authorization?

Thanks,

    Siegfried