[cvsnt] Re: Taginfo call cannot handle & character in argument list or module name....

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Aug 15 09:54:51 BST 2004

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 09:19:49 +0200, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>But a *very simple* solution to the "problem" is to just enclose the
>module name (with the embedded &) in double quotes.

I located the file src/tag.c rev 1.29.2.28 and on line 636 I found
this (wrapped because of newsreader):
sprintf(cmd,"%s %s %s
%s",filter,symtag,delete_flag?"del":force_tag_move?"mov":"add",fn_root(repository));

What happens if it is changed to this?:
sprintf(cmd,"%s %s %s
""%s""",filter,symtag,delete_flag?"del":force_tag_move?"mov":"add",fn_root(repository));

I am no good at C++ so I don't know if doubling up quotes in the
sprintf command will do what we want, but there surely must be a way
to make the output enclose the 4th parameter in double quotes...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)