[cvsnt] cvs release - altered files in a newly checked out folder.

Jurko Gospodnetiæ mangled at to.avoid.spam
Mon Aug 16 13:30:44 BST 2004

  Hi.

  When I check out a folder from a local server and into a local
sandbox and then try to release it I get a warning stating that all
of the files in that folder have been modified.

  I am using MS Windows XP with all updates and CVSNT
2.0.51b as both client and server.

  I googled and saw this question come up before but I was not
able to any suitable answer . :-(

  Here are some additional notes:

  * If I do an explicit update after checking out these files
     nothing changes.

  * When I do use the status command it says all files are up to
     date and still release gives a warning.

  * In WinCVS and TortoiseCVS all files are marked as not
     modified.

  Anyone know a reason for this?

  Thanks,
    Jurko