[cvsnt] Re: Using CVS add instead of cvs import

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Aug 17 05:52:07 BST 2004

Siegfried Heintze wrote:
> Can I apply this procedure recursively thru several layers of sub-
> directories?

You'll want to do the import command on only the top level.  Then use
cvs add for each file and directory you want to bring in after that.

I highly recommend you set up a test repository so you can experiment
with these commands to learn first hand how they work.  That way, you
can proceed with confidence and try out some of the things you're
reading about here and elsewhere.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett