FW: [cvsnt] cvs server: Up-to-date check failed for `convex.pl'

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Aug 17 22:07:55 BST 2004

Siegfried Heintze wrote:

> "Already has cvs control files"? No. I just want to create put cgi-bin under
> version control.

It's picking up CVSROOT from somewhere, though (unless you've set it in
the environment?)

> Oh -- I see. Hmmm.. Instead of on "CONVEX/cgi-bin", should I have put "."?
> Or perhaps I should have said
>
> Cd ..
> cvs import -C -n -I *.mdb cgi-bin

Actually I'm getting pretty confused about this whole thing myself.

You do the import from the directory to import, so something like:

cvs import -Cn -I *.mdb cgi-bin

from within the directory should work.  Import gets real confusing if
you're not just importing a whole tree for the first time...

I'll have to get the time to try out some of the permutations to see
what's happening in your case.