[cvsnt] Re: deleting a module from repository

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Aug 18 04:53:23 BST 2004

Oliver Giesen wrote:
>>So considering my scenario: I have a repository and directory under
>
> version
>
>>control. If my second import command is bogus, I can recover by deleting
>
> it
>
>>from the repository and adding it to the repository a second time
>
> correctly.
>
> Does that second import concern the same files as the first one did? In that
> case physically removing the files from the repository will mean you lose
> the revisions created by the first import too...
>
> Cheers,

I think in his case he has two slightly botched imports, but in
different ways, so it probably is best to just delete it from the
repository and start over.  Make sure the CVS control directories are
deleted from your sandbox and you've cleaned up (probably from backup)
any files that may have been altered in the process, if any.

--
Glen Starrett