[cvsnt] Re: Forcing a revision....

Elisa Cargnel elisa.cargnel at enel.it
Thu Aug 19 08:31:58 BST 2004

> In order to suggest a solution to the guy who really wants to bump the
> revisions of his files by incrementing the major digit I tested the
> cvs co -r <rev> command to see what would happen.
> I did it from within WinCvs and the result is somewhat surprising:
>
> cvs -z9 commit -m "testing revision forcing" -r 2.1 ModuleYYdoc.txt
> (in directory F:\Engineering\Projects\Bosse\ModuleYY\)
> Checking in ModuleYYdoc.txt;
> cvs [server aborted]: revision `2.1' does not exist

Hi,
I tried with:

cvs commit -m "no message" -r 2.1 NuovoDoc.txt (in directory
D:\ProgettiCVS\Telegestione\Documentazione\CM\)

And it did works fine.
nice point, It will be useful!
Thank you.
elisa

Client: Win Concurrent Versions System 1.3.14.1 Beta 14
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.51 (client/server)