[cvsnt] Using winbind to authenticate sspi connections without providing Home Directories for users.

Mike Wake mike.wake at thales-tts.com
Thu Aug 19 11:12:46 BST 2004

Hi all,

I am on the road to successfully moving my CVSNT repositories from a
win2000 machine to a linux server.

My aim is not to have to do any password/user account maintenance and
just leave that to our IT department.

I have setup samba/winbind authentication sucessfully so that users can
use their normal windows domain passwords and the :sspi: protocol.  To
get it to work I have had to manually create a home directory for the
users that I want to allow access to cvs.

My question is, is it possible to configure smb.conf so that users can
be authenticated by the Primary Domain Controller without needing to
have a home directory on the linux server?

If so a pointer or two as to how would be nice.

Cheers
Mikew.