[cvsnt] Re: TimeZone Setting

=?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCNyo4NhsoQiAbJEI5QBsoQg==?= kuribara at us.hitachi-medical.co.jp
Fri Aug 20 08:24:15 BST 2004

Hi, All
This is not RES.

Bo Berglund wrote,
> CVS is built to be a cooperative system where people around
> the globe can participate and therefore it uses UTC (not GMT)
> universally. It is in the core of CVS...

I I know CVS uses UTC for most of events.
But, It seems that local time is used for checkout or update.
I mean

cvs update -D "2004-8-20 15:00"

retreives snapshot of 2004-8-20 06:00(UTC) if one lives in japan.

I don't think this befaviour is usefal, because I use date option with
logs
for most of cases.
(for ex. I need snapshot of  modules right before some commits)

So please tell me the method to use UTC date option
for cvs update or checkout if possible.

The Cederqvist refers ISO8601, so I tried some but all failed.

Hiroshi Kuribara