[cvsnt] Re: verifymsg script doesn't pass log message?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Aug 23 16:41:26 BST 2004

Jon Norman wrote:

> I'm having trouble accessing log message inside my verifymsg script.
>
> The script is a Windows program on the CVS server (cvsnt 2.0.49).
> I've parsed the command line and stdin and the only parameters I
> receive are those I specifically pass to my program. Since cvsnt

You get the log message as a parameter to the program.

eg. with the batch file:

@echo Verifymsg %1

And a verifymsg of:
DEFAULT d:\t\verif.bat

You get the output:
D:\t\FOO>cvs commit -fm "" A.txt
Verifymsg "C:/Documents and Settings/tmh/Local Settings/Temp\cvs3D.tmp"
Checking in A.txt;
d:/repo/test/A.txt,v  <--  A.txt
done