[cvsnt] RE: CVSNT for Web Development?

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Mon Aug 30 13:44:42 BST 2004

The actual script is not available for me right now but it goes something
like this:

The CVSROOT/postcommit file contains this:

WebSiteName d:\Data\updatewebsite.bat

Then the updatewebsite.bat file is like this:

@echo off
rem Move to correct disk
E:
rem Change to website folder
echo Updating the website files
cd \websites\mywebsite
rem execute the update in the website sandbox
cvs update
if errorlevel 1 goto error
echo Website update finished
goto exit
:error
echo Website update failed
:exit

What you need to do is to create the website as a CVS sandbox. This can be
done in two ways:
1) If your website is not yet under CVS control then you can add it to CVS as is:
   Import it using WinCvs and set the Import Option "Create CVS directories when importing"
   and also on Import Settings check the "Don't create vendor branch.." checkbox.
   This will transform the website files into a proper CVS sandbox while importing.

2) If you already have the website under CVS control then you can check it out to a
   folder somewhere and then direct your webserver to use that folder as the website
   source.

HTH,

Bo