[cvsnt] webdevelopment with cvsnt - a bit lost

Czarnowski, Aric aczarnowski at unimax.com
Tue Aug 31 16:03:37 BST 2004

> So far I got an idea: developer does a "cvs commit" to export
> file on a devel site and "cvs tag" to publish a file. First
> part is easy - a postcommit. Seconds still is a bit problematic
> for me -- how  to check if a tag was added? I tried 'cvs history
> -xT -a test.txt' but i get "No records selected." :(

Sounds like a good plan;  post commit hook for updates to a dev site
directory and a tag hook to milestone to a production site directory.

Have you looked at taginfo?  This is pre-tag but at least you could set
a flag somewhere for a cron job or similar to use.

It seems odd though that there is no "publish" action on your test
server so that once the change is checked it can be published over to
production.  How do you enforce the testing gate?

--Aric

Aric Czarnowski
Unimax Systems Corporation
612-204-3634