[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT with non wincvs client

Andreas Tscharner starfire at dplanet.ch
Tue Aug 31 20:52:55 BST 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:21:14 -0500
"Johnson, Mark " <Mark.Johnson2 at ingenix.com> wrote:

> 1.  Can someone give me an honest summary of the
> advantages/disadvantages of cvsnt over cvs (or point me to a link).

There is a page describing all the advantages of CVSNT over CVS:
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/CvsntAdvantages

> 2.  I assume Eclipse and Tortoise are designed for standard cvs note
> cvsnt. What problems will I experience if  the developers are using
> these interfaces to access cvsnt?  Will it cause problems, or will
> they just lose some functionality?  What functionality will they lose
> (if not answered in first question).

I don't know about Eclipse, but TortoiseCVS is designed to use the
advantages of CVSNT while trying to support plain CVS.
TortoiseCVS does not include all functionality CVSNT provides, but there
is no restriction to use only TortoiseCVS, you may use the commandline
client for some special feature; I suggest you just try it...

Best regards
	Andreas
Andreas Tscharner                                   starfire at dplanet.ch