[cvsnt] Re: webdevelopment with cvsnt - a bit lost

John Peacock rlpgbooks at spamcop.net
Tue Aug 31 22:15:20 BST 2004

Wojciech Jukowski wrote:
> Hello.
>
> We have decided to set up CVSNT, to keep control over our web sites'
> source code. It would be perfect, if the only thing developer should do,
> would be commit changes in his/her local sandbox.

Here is two different ways to do it:

	http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/PostCommit

Section 1.1 is the way I do it (with my Perl script) included.  I make the
assumption that the CVSNT repository and the test web server are on the same
machine.  The test site is kept in sync with the repository at all times (you
can even switch it to a branch it will stay synced).  For us, the production
site is always pointed to the HEAD branch, but it is manually updated when the
testing is completed.

Section 1.2 is the way someone else does it (Python script included).  It
doesn't assume the repository and web server are on the same box and requires
remote mounts.  I haven't used this method so I cannot say whether it is easier
or harder.

HTH

John