[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT Performance Server/Client installed locally

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Dec 7 00:01:28 GMT 2004

Paul Kramer wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback John! I'm hoping to pick up some more RAM shortly. I was just suprised at the difference in time it took to checkout CVSROOT in CVSNT as compared to CVS.

cvsnt is written to assume lots of free RAM - it's a server application
and servers typically have a lot more memory than desktops.

You can actually get away with quite little memory on a Linux install...
if you disable non-server related applications the system shouldn't use
much at all (no need for X, for example).