[cvsnt] Advice about upgrade

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Dec 7 18:16:42 GMT 2004

Bo Berglund wrote:

> Where do I report the taginfo bug so it gets handled then?

I know about it... it'll be fixed in 2.0.62

I'm changing the release ordering around a bit, since 'stable' releases
are happening further apart (not least because more work is being done
with them).

 From the 2.0.62 release (hopefully tonight/tommorow otherwise at the
weekend) it'll be:

stable: 2.0.58d
testing: 2.0.62
unstable: 2.0.63

Version numbers won't change as often as I'm using build numbers now so
they don't need to (ie. if I release another 2.0.62 testing it'll just
have a higher build number).

Stable releases will not get updated unless there's a security alert on
them.

Testing releases will be updated when the code 'seems stable' - it's had
some testing but isn't a true stable release.  If you're waiting for a
bug fix and can't wait for the next stable then the testing one is the
one to use.

Unstable releases will be updated when I think there's some new things
that need looking at... they'll build and will usually work.

I'll also be putting up a roadmap for CVSNT (probably at the weekend)
which will give stable release dates for the next year or so, plus
planned enhancements (those that it's prudent to pre-announce anyway).